Monday, September 18, 2006

Who weaves who wears

As I trudged the backyards of my Granny's house, walked the streets to my great granny's house, jumped and skipped on my way to temples, played on the roads, fought with girls and guys alike, drove to school with the air of a kid whom no one cares, many an experience have crossed my path that defines the way I think, the way I act and the way I am. Over the years I have wondered if I would have been any different had the streets I have played on, houses I have lived in, people I have met, and temples I have visited been different from the ones I had actually played on, lived in, met and visited. Is it the 'Individual' that matters or is it the circumstances? Who has the bigger hand?

2 Comments:

Blogger 'Smee! said...

Congrats on your new blog, first of all. :)

And the question you are asking is one of the most fundamental ones in the area of hereditary studies and psychology. :) Still unanswered, as far as I know.

So what's twelve years and eleven?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Anupam Jain said...

Hehe, everyone knows the easy answer Deepak - "both".. And if you were to ask me "to what extent", I wouldn't have a clue but I wouldn't tell you that,, I'd instead answer "it depends" :)

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home